When you’re looking to hire a Marlboro residential electrician to work on your home, it’s important to make sure you get quality work done at a reasonable price price. Choosing a Marlboro residential electrician who will do work up to par can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. Below are some things to look for when choosing Marlboro residential electrician:
Choosing a Good Marlboro Residential Electrician
- License and Insurance: The most important factor to consider when choosing a Marlboro residential electrician is whether they are licensed. A license is your guarantee that the contractor has done the necessary courses and practical work to perform the job safely and correctly. Always ask to see their license, make sure that it is current and do an online check if possible. Make sure that the license held covers the type of work you need done. Some electrical licenses may carry restrictions. It is also important to make sure the company carries all the necessary insurances. Ask to see copies of current policies and make sure they have not expired.
- Value for money: It is a good idea to get from at least 3 electricians. Always make sure you communicate exactly what work you require and the exact fittings and materials you would like to use. Make sure the electrician gives you a quote with a breakdown of prices as this will make it easier to compare one quote to another. Choosing a Marlboro residential electrician based purely on price is unwise as there are other important things to consider.
- Qualifications and experience: Not all electricians are the same, many will have extra qualifications or experience in different areas of services. Some may even have accreditations. With the skyrocketing cost of electricity, energy efficiency is likely to be of interest. There are several organizations offering accreditation in the field of energy efficiency. A Marlboro residential electrician holding this type of accreditation should have an extensive knowledge of energy saving products and technology.
- Recommendations: A recommendation from someone whose opinion you trust can be invaluable when choosing Mountainside electric services. Knowing that they have had a positive experience with an electrician, and been happy with the level of service and workmanship is a good endorsement. If you cannot get a recommendation then ask the electrician if they have any references. If possible, call and speak to the referee to make sure that they are legitimate.
- Attitude and communication: Nobody enjoys dealing with a tradesman who displays a bad attitude or sloppy workmanship. Take note if they arrive for the quote on time or, if they are held up, did they ring ahead and advise that they would be delayed? Do they communicate with you? You need to be confident that you understand each other so that there are no miscommunications during the project. A professional appearance and attitude is usually reflected in the quality of services a Marlboro residential electrician will provide.
Looking for a Great Marlboro Residential Electrician?
The Mikulka family has been serving the electrical needs of homeowners and businesses in Marlboro and Central New Jersey for over 25 years. We take pride in the reputation we have built and strive to maintain our standard of excellence in every project, no matter how big or how small. From design to finish, Mikulka Electric, Inc. provides the expertise to ensure your electrical project is completed on time and on budget. Service towns in the Monmouth County, NJ area include Marlboro, Colts Neck, Aberdeen, Matawan, Holmdel, Middletown, Manalapan, Freehold, and many more. For more information, you can contact us today at (732) 363-8954 or visit our website.